The ceremony of awarding the act of nomination to Professor Mikhail Brik by the President of the Republic of Poland, Andrzej Duda, took place on November 14, 2018.
Main Fields of Interest:
Solid state physics, ab initio DFT-based calculations of optical properties of solids, atomic spectra theory, crystal field theory, theoretical calculation of impurity ions spectra in laser crystals, group theory and its application to description of physical properties of impurity centers, non-radiative relaxation of the excitation energy in the impurity centers, influence of crystal ions vibrations on the impurity ions energy levels, Judd-Ofelt theory and its applications to the calculations of spectral lines intensities, Jahn-Teller effect for 3d ions in laser crystals and geometry of the excited electron states, calculations of the high-lying energy levels for rare-earth ions, first-principles (ab initio) modeling of the 4f–4f and 4f–5d transitions for trivalent lanthanides, energy transfer between lanthanide ions, calculations of the EPR parameters and their relation with local deformations around paramagnetic ion, applications of MAPLE package to physical problems.
Summary of publication activities:
More than 360 papers published in prestigious SCI international journals; two books edited; 11 book chapters; about 200 presentations at international conferences.
Web of Knowledge: more than 5100 citations, h-index=35
Google Scholar: more than 6100 citations, h-index=38
Awards and honours:
– Recipient of 100 Overseas High-Level Experts Project, Chongqing Municipality, Chongqing, China, 2015;
– State Prize of Estonian Republic in the field of exact sciences, 2013;
– Included into the 31st edition of the Marquis Who’s Who in the World 2014;
– Honorary Professor, Department of Science and Environment Studies; The Education University of Hong Kong, years 2011–present;
– Honorary Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences and Technology; The Hong Kong Institute of Education, years 2008–2011;
– DragomirHurmuzescu Award of Romanian Academy of Sciences (awarded in December 2006);
– Included into the 2006-2007 (9th) Edition of Who's Who in Science and Engineering;
– Included into the 24th edition of the Marquis Who’s Who in the World 2007;
– Included into the 23rd edition of the Marquis Who’s Who in the World 2006;
– Included into the 1st edition of the Marquis Who’s Who in Asia;
– Award of the Krasnodar region government for young scientists, 1994 – 1995;
– First Degree Diploma of the All-Union scientific students’ conference on physical optics (Tomsk, USSR, 1991).