By the decree issued on July 9, Professor Jacek Filipecki was awarded the professor degree conferred by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Poland. The ceremony of awarding the act of nomination to Professor Jacek Filipecki by the President of the Republic of Poland, Andrzej Duda, took place on 18 October 2018 in the Presidential Palace in Warsaw.
Professor Jacek Filipecki - a quick fact file:
- 1983-1994: Head of the Research Group on Applications of Nuclear Physics, Institute of Physics
- 1996 – 2008 Deputy Head for Research of the Institute of Physics
- since 1998 – Head of the Department of Structural Research & Medical Physics
- since 2016: Head of the Institute of Physics
- author of three monographs and 160 publications
- supervisor of over 30 bachelor’s and engineering theses, 70 master’s theses and one PhD thesis
- key speaker at numerous lectures, seminars, workshops on basic physics, nuclear physics, atomic physics, isotopes in medicine, magnetic resonance in medicine, basic biophysics, biochemistry, to name but a few.
Photography source: archives of the Presidential Chancellery